Friday, January 11, 2013

When Life Happens

Don't worry, Wednesday Rest Day was fully utilized. After a full day of rest and relaxation, I woke up Thursday ready to run....er, well ready to run eventually. The conclusion is that morning runs are not for me. However, in the irony of making a conclusive decision to run in the afternoons, today I learned to be flexible. 

This morning I woke up ready to lay on the couch and plot out my day. Well, that's when the "running gods" (for whatever they are worth) decided to test my rookie dedication. My mom and I spontaneously decided we needed to shoot in to San Antonio to meet my sister for lunch. This would be our last visit together before I run off to school and all of us begin a new year down our different paths.....temptation. It would be easier to go into San An, eat, drive home, and then run, but then I would probably be full and sleepy AND today could just be another "rest day". 


Don't worry My Dears, I fit in a half an hour run before 11. Don't let the convenience of life get in the way of becoming who you want to become. Be flexible and, simply, if you just do the damn thing (whatever it is) then you have accomplished great things. Maybe I can learn to like the mornings a little bit more...


We had a great time today and had no problem eating our weight in Indian food. It was a great way to celebrate the end of a wonderful beginning!










No comments:

Post a Comment