But as dismal as THAT sounds, this past week was not about saying goodbye at all. As I tried all week to capture one last perfect moment with Jeff and enjoy each moment more and more as Sunday drew closer, I realized I was acting like the world was about to end. Yes, graduation meant Jeff would leave and there would be an imminence of daily texts, nightly phone calls, and Skype conversations once a week, but, beyond that, it meant major steps, growing up, and a new start.
I am so proud of Jeff's accomplishments and graduation from Texas Tech. He has been signed on to an engineering company out of Sugarland, TX and will be starting in early June. Having left yesterday, I was sad to see him leave, but so happy to have been apart of his journey. I have been so incredibly blessed to call such a sweet, funny, and intelligent person my boyfriend.
| Cookies I had made for Jeff's graduation dinner. For all of you Lubbock-ers, I got these at Market Street. They will print any design, essentially, at a reasonable price. |
| These cupcakes are also from Market Street. Jeff's mom got these for Jeff and his three roommates that will be graduating this year. So sweet! |
| My Jeffrey :) Jeff had more cords and metals but thought they were too bulky to wear; the one downfall of being smart I guess! |
| Jeff graduated with honors and Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Chemical Engineering. |
| Jeff and I holding his diploma (although, the writing looks bleached out in this picture; oops!) |
I am excited to watch Jeff grow and to experience life with him as he and I learn to survive in the "real world". As Jeff begins to work full time, I will be moving to Washington D.C. for an internship on Capitol Hill (More information on that adventure to come!). This summer, I hope to keep you all updated on my latest projects, grad school applications, and summer-time adventures. I just started a small business called, Gypsy Me, that provides custom painted shoes, furniture, and decor. Keep up on Facebook to see my latest designs!!
To reach my Facebook Page for GypsyMe, click "Gypsy Me" in my blog. It will take you straight there! Thanks for reading :)
ReplyDeleteKatie,
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful tribute to Jeffrey. You definitely are gifted in many ways. So, glad I got to celebrate Jeffrey's accomplishments with you. You made this weekend very special for me and I know for Jeffrey!